Sunday, April 15, 2018

Spring Tank Reverb Breadboard Eurorack Demo


Try not to let your heads explode when this sickness fondles your eardrums. Got my hands on an O.C. Electronics Spring Tank Reverb. On the breadboard I've built a driver circuit with voltage control of the wet/dry crossfader. Who does that???!!....

I do that. And today's demo shows you why. The Future Retro Transient+ is going through the spring tank. The mix is set mostly dry, but I'm using a short envelope to send a burst of reverb wet mix when the snare hits. Using the Beatstep Pro for that. That's what I'm talking about. That. Is what it's all about.

How did I do this? I've frankenstein'd a couple of circuits/ideas together to make this happen. At its core is a Tombolas DIY Spring Reverb Circuit w/ EQ and Drive Control to accommodate a wide variety of tanks. It worked very well, but I was not yet satisfied. For the Voltage Control, I've slapped away the final amp mix stage and replaced it w/ the VC Crossfader circuit by Thomas Henry. I dumped his VCA control, that's another project for another day, and to made some minor changes so it would play nice w/ the Tombolas circuit.

No comments: