Monday, March 20, 2017
The DRE4MTR4CK is my custom Eurorack module that has been two months in development. DRE4MTR4CK is a simple and intuitive Polyrhythmic Organic Melody Progression Sequencer in a mere 12HP.
It has 4 independent, externally clocked tracks with 4 steps each. Each track sends pitch CV to one of your VCO modules. With external clocking, you decide if timing is slow and dreamy, bouncy and up-tempo, or all out fury going into audio rates.
Unused clock inputs are multiples from input 1. Clocking can be interrupted for a track by inserting a floating patchcord. Manually trigger a track step using the TRIG buttons. Intuitively build evolving chords or poly-rhythmic note progressions.
Simple pattern modes and Octave transpose for each track provide seemingly endless note progression. Mix things up with Step reset and track data Rotate to re-circulate CVs among your VCOs. 16 memories are provided for program note data storage. Recall of programs during performance provides changes in melodic or chord structures on-the-fly.
***** SPECS ******
4-steps per track
Chromatic Scale Note Quantization
4x4 LED Matrix
EACH TRACK has
- 1 external clock input.
- 1 duplicated, unbuffered clock out signal for clocking other devices
- Independent Pattern selection: Forward/Reverse/Forward-Reverse/ZIGZAG
- pitch CV output 1v/oct over 5v range
- Octave Transpose +/- 2 octaves selection
- Store/Recall 16 non-volitile memories in EEPROM
- Note programming on a per-step basis
Clocking Behaviour Options
- Unused clock inputs are duplicated from input #1
- Interrupt clocking by inserting a floating patchcord
- Manual trigger sent to clock out using the TRIG buttons
- 1 Data Pot
- 12 Momentary Buttons
- 16 LEDs
Memory and Processing
- 16 non-volatile memories in EEPROM for note data
- Processing Speed: 20MHz
INPUT 1/8" MINIJACKS
- 4 clock inputs
- 1 control input for RESET
- 1 control input for ROTATE
OUTPUT 1/8" MINIJACKS
- 4 unbuffered clock outputs (multed from inputs) + manual trigger
- 4 buffered 1V/oct pitch CV outputs, each 0-5v
Internal Clocking: none
External Clocking: 4 inputs
SIZE: 12 HP (60.60mm) Eurorack format, 3U high
Accepts standard keyed 2x8 (16-pin) eurorack ribbon cable (included)
- Option #1. (default) uses 5v input from your system power supply (if provided)
- Option #2. Draws power from +12v line. Requires Maxim Integrated
700-REF02CP 5v regulator (sold separately)
MEASURED CURRENT DRAW
Option #1 (default): 5v from Euro Power
+12v @ 3 mA
-12v @ 3 mA
+5v @ 103 mA Peak, 5 mA typical
Option #2: 5v from REF02 chip
+12v @ 64 mA Peak, 8 mA typical
-12v @ 3 mA
The DRE4MTR4CK module has no affiliation with any persons with similar name.
Sunday, March 19, 2017
This track is called Day DRE4M In Electric Space, video is a teaser of a Eurorack module that I designed. The module is in the top row obscured by other things, where a bundle of patch cords are going. I am using a Timefactor delay also in this one. Recorded direct to Tascam DR-05.
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
For the past two months I have been designing something mysterious and interesting. In this somewhat misleading teaser video I am tweaking its extreme aspects, a series of acid tests meant to discover its limits. The design intent is quite different from what you see here. It will still do these things if that's the sort of things you are into. I hope to have more to show very soon. Stay tuned.