Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Jupiter-6 VCF Eurorack Filter In-Depth Demo Roland Clone



In this video I do a more in-depth demo with my Jupiter-6 VCF multi-mode filter clone eurorack module. It's a very colorful filter that gets more interesting with more complex signals you feed into it. It also has an aggressive nature that comes out when the inputs are overdriven.

Two different oscillators can then be mixed together. A sawtooth oscillator is used, a square/PWM wave is used. Different filter modes can be selected: 4-pole lowpass, 2-pole bandpass, 4-pole highpass. Also, two different control voltage modulations can be mixed together to change the frequency. I run a decay envelope from the Bastl Skis along with a triangle LFO, then I use Sample-and-hold. The oscillators are coming from my Pittsburgh Modular Synthesizer Box. Recorded direct to Tascam DR-05 from my Mackie mixer, no effects, no normalization. Beware some low and high frequencies, so watch your levels while listening to the demo.

More information about this module can be found at https://www.modulargrid.net/e/other-unknown-jupiter-6-vcf

No comments: