Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Analog Drums Development Prototype


I've been developing a eurorack analog drum kit for some time. It's inspired by the sound of simple machines like the Boss DR-110 and the Roland TR-606. It's a basic kit made of of Bass Drum, Snare Drum, and Hi-Hat. The Hi-hat has a choke gate, so it can behave open/closed using a single voice just like a real drum kit. All 3 voices summed to a single output. It will have controls for independent voice levels, bass drum tone, snare decay and hat decay. I think you will want kill switches for all incoming gates as well. I am looking into how to integrate an accent trigger pulse as well.

In this video I audition some sounds using the Beatstep Pro as a clock, Varigate 4 for the gates, and nothing else. I didn't use a digital recorder this time, I'll save that for when the module is completed.
I added a quick soundcloud demo

No comments: