Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Eurorack Sequential Switch Demo


I spent this past week building a Sequential Switch module for my Eurorack. In this video I talk about what a Sequential Switch can do, and then I demo a patch I made. If you haven't seen it already check out Mylarmelodies excellent demo using a Sequential Switch to change up melody progressions on the fly at https://youtu.be/QbxaWluHXEU

After watching his video I KNEW the Sequential Switch was damn cool and I HAD to build one for myself. It works by taking each input trigger pulse, and sequentially advances one of 4 signals to be routed to a bi-lateral destination. Mine is a clone, functionally anyways, of the Doepfer A-151. Although I found the schematics elsewhere. I generated a circuit board layout in Osmond Cocoa, made a prototype PCB and populated it for my own learning experience. It turns out the a Sequential Switch can do more than pass control voltages around, it can deal with audio signals as well.

No comments: