Thursday, December 15, 2016
Korg 770 Analog Monophonic 1970s Synthesizer
In this video I explain and demo the features of the Korg 770 Monophonic Synthesizer. This one is currently available on Reverb. The 770 inherits a lot of DNA from the Minikorg 700/700S models, and it's design is the predecessor to the MS-20 model.
The features are staggering for such a simple looking synthesizer:
- External Input for the filter
- Highpass and Lowpass filter w/ variable resonance (Bright)
- a kind of Pulse Width Modulation (Chorus)
- two forms of ring modulation
- Scale Noise, a noise source which tracks w/ keyboard pitch
- OSC1 vibrato w/ delayed onset
- Automatic pitch-bend, Goldfrapp anyone?
- LFO trigger mode for the Envelopes