Tuesday, May 25, 2021

G-Storm Electro Patches for Roland Jupiter-6 [Demo #4]

Auditioning some original Roland Jupiter-6 patches available for download. I had the good fortune of getting another Jupe in the studio. The previous one that had Europa was sold. This one is an earlier model, and was purchased dead. After bringing it back to life and calibration... Soon I had quickly re-programmed all my favorite sounds.

This video is un-rehearsed, so lots of noodling. Not dwelling too long on any one sound, to save your time. So if you skip around, you might miss something. Just sayin' :D Chord stabs, sweeps, bass, apreggio, sound fx, leads. Patch F7 is my template (default, or blank) patch. Patch F8 is my scratch patch, for when I can't remember what location I wanted to over-write.

The Roland Jupiter-6 has only rudimentary midi capability: simple note on/off and patch change midi message only. So, these patches can only be dumped all at once using the cassette interface. BE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR OWN PATCHES BEFORE OVER-WRITING THEM!

Download the patches as an mp3 audio file on my DOWNLOAD PAGE. I have used the JP-6 VERIFY function and confirm the audio file is good.

No additional effects or processing was used, aside from some normalization. Video was made in great haste - so it's un-edited, some audio levels are clipping. And sometimes scratchy volume pot.

No comments: